I wasn't quite sure what to name this post. It appears that the Kyrg government has decided to implement a certification and legalization process into their adoptions. Up until now, this was not required to complete adoptions in this country (though some level of certification is required in most other countries). The net of what this really means is - MORE MONEY! I am not at all opposed to following the proper steps and keeping everything on the 'up and up', I just can't help but be a bit upset about the crazy added cost of this particular step.
So, what do I have to do? Basically, my agency has sent me 15 of my notarized dossier documents which I now have to send to the Secretary of State in FL to be 'certified'. Once that's done, they will be certified by the US State Dept. and then 'legalized' by the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in Washington, DC.
The tricky part for me with this step is how to get my certified original, already authentic, Canadian birth certificate certified. That will require a drive to the Canadian Consulate's office in Miami. We all know how much I love to drive to Miami ;)
Anyway, I have really calmed down about all this by now. It truly doesn't hold me up in any way since I don't yet have my beautiful and very much anticipated referral...which, by the way, may be presented at any time.
2 comments:
How's everything going now? That curve ball threw me for a loop as well! But we're back on track and our process is moving like a herd of turtles.
best of luck. keep us updated!
I also feel things are on track. I just mailed my docs back to my agency yesterday. In the meantime, I continue to wait patiently (truly I am).
Post a Comment