Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Please send positive energy my way

My life has recently turned into a country song in the making. How so, you ask?

In a span of 10 days, I had to say goodbye to my furbaby of almost 17 years (see post below) - then, this past Friday the company where I have worked for the past 11 years and 4 months eliminated my job. Yes, that's right, I have joined the ranks of unemployment. I never would have thought that 7 months after bringing my daughter home I would be without a job.

So, I'm asking all my friends and that includes YOU, my blogger friends - PLEASE send good thoughts and positive waves my way. I truly need them to help me through this rough time.

I promise to share some happier news soon. In fact, I still need to post about my trip to San Diego where I traveled with a 1 year old from South Florida, across the country alone, and lived to tell about it ;) Nola and I attended the Adoption Options picnic and had the priviledge of seeing the director of the orphanage where Noli lived, as well as the Frank Foundation coordinator, and we were able to meet many other Kyrgyz kiddos and their families. More soon...

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Whatever you do....don't climb into a pick up truck - there is no telling what might happen! Seriously, I will send you positive thoughts.

Lisa Brotherton said...

Jackie, I am so sorry. I choose to believe this is a way for you to find the open door to something bigger and better in your life.

Suzanne said...

Oh crap! What lousy timing. But I have to agree with Lisa B. The time I was laid off, it really was a blessing in disguise, even though I had no savings at all and was still paying off credit card debt. After two lean months, I was lead to a new, better paying job with better opportunities.

But I know you must be very worried, especially now that you have a family to support. And because you just plowed through a lot of savings to make that family. Plus, I remember losing my job also feeling like a break-up. You know, that kicked-in-the-stomach feeling. Being dumped by someone - even an employer - you had been loyal to for so long, really hurts.

I'm hoping that they gave you a fair severance package, so that you have a little pad and time to find a new job.

I will send all manner of positive energy your way. You seem like an incredibly bright, competent woman. So I bet you'll be snatched up by another employer very soon. Have faith in yourself and all you have to offer. You'll be back in the saddle in no time, I'm sure of it. And I bet it will be a better saddle, somehow.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I love helping people with resumes, for instance.

Hugs-
Suzanne

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Saying a prayer for you today!

Hilary Marquis said...

Oh Jackie! I wish I could hug you right now. Of course you know that we will be praying for you. God never closes a door without opening a window. Hang in there,, and please let us know if we can help in ANY way.

Maria said...

I have found out in my life that the things that originally seem to be devastating end up being God's way of moving me from a place I never would have moved from to a much better than where I was. It's very hard to be where you are right now. I would think that it is scary and filled with a lot of "What ifs" and "What nows", but you seem to be a very smart woman with a good handle on life. Those kinds of people are hard to come back in today's work force. I know something good is going to come your way, but in the mean time, you can know that prayers are being said for you here in Tennessee! Here's a big cyber-hug just for you!!

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel but it bears repeating. What has happened to you truly sucks and I know you are worried. Please try to stay positive; Suzanne put it very well, you are bright and competent, also loyal, hardworking and conscientious. You will be snapped up. Have faith in yourself!!!!!!!

hugs to you,

Mel

Now post those darn pics of San Diego!

Pamela said...

Oh, rats. This really stinks. I'm praying for you, Jackie. Though I have nothing profound to offer by way of advice (the others have done well in that area), I can offer many prayers and positive thoughts your way. Just know that you've got a major posse all around this country. And, WE ARE ON YOUR SIDE, girlfriend!

Now, for the job hunt thing...you should check out www.usajobs.gov. This is the website that houses every single federal job that is available. I'll coach you along if you want to start building a resume (the site isn't as user friendly as it could be). But, in the event that you see a job that is a good match, you'll be ready to throw your hat in the ring. Oh, did I mention that there are THOUSANDS of jobs posted? Yup. And, there are always jobs available in south Florida. Or, maybe you might want a location change...

Keep your chin up!

Pamela

Jim said...

Mr. Positive weighing in some more...to remind you about that thing about doors. One might close, but others are waiting to be opened.

Rachel said...

Oh Jackie, that sucks! I will definitely be praying for something even better to come along. However, I can imagine that you are freaking out right now. Something else WILL come along, but I'll pray for peace in the meantime.

Mala said...

Jackie, so sorry to hear they had to let you go. But sometimes life gives us a good shove when it's time for a change.

Margaret and Tom said...

Oh Jackie! I am so sorry. I know this is stressful. I am sending lots of postive energy and prayers to you in Florida. I wish I could give you a big hug! I know there will be a big rainbow behind this cloud, but it doesn't make the cloud easier to get through... I was thinking of you all yesterday on the 4th. Hope you had a great day. I will be sending you pics of Milana in her cute red/white/blue outfit from Noli :) she got many compliments. Talk to you soon, Margaret

Ivy Lee said...

Jackie,
I am sorry to read about your job. I think you will find that what comes next is even better. I am definitely sending good thoughts your way.

April + Eric said...

Oh Jackie....so sorry to hear. That must be really hard, when your heart is so tender with you dear friend gone. I know others have said this too but I think there will be a golden lining if not hopefully silver.(later) You'll make it through this. Thank god it didn't happen during your adoption.....well maybe that is the copper lining. Hugs to you and Nola.....I can say it is a hard time financially for lots of folks. It has been our hardest year with most expenses...somehow we are getting through it & I'll send good thoughts for you. warmly, April H.

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I am sorry to hear the news. I am sure it's frustrating & probably alittle scary right now. I will share that my brother-in-law who is the sole provider of his family with 3 kids recently went through the same thing losing his job. After 2 months of searching, he landed another position that by far exceeded the one he was at for 10 years. I totally agree, that this may be your chance for bigger & better things!!
Sending you hugs
Tamara

Jeanne said...

Sending plenty of positive energy! I hope new opportunities will unfold soon.

Sandee said...

Oh such a hard time. My heart goes out to you and I pray for the right next step in your life.

Margaret and Tom said...

Oh I love the new picture of Noli in her fourth of July outfit :)
So adorable! It doesn't get any cuter than that :)
Hope you are well and things are better, I think of you often!
Hugs and love,
Margaret

Maria said...

Wondering how things are going with you and if you've got news to report on the job front. I continue to think of you and hope things are going well!!