Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pop

Today is my father's birthday. I haven't written much about family, but thought that since today is the day of his birth, a small tribute was in order. Pop would be 70 years old today. WOW!!! How I wish he would've had the opportunity to meet his first grandchild ... and that Nola would get to know her Opa. This picture sits framed in my den and is one of the last pictures taken before his heart attack.


Thinking of you, Pop, and happy to know you are at peace. XOXO

3 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

jackie - this is so sweet... and your dad has a great smile! he does know Nola -- he walks with her in her dreams, and he surely played a role in keeping her safe until you could get to her... Amy

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jackie. He looks like such a kind man. That's a wonderful photo of him. He will be a part of Nola's life through your stories.

melanie said...

I'm sorry he's not still with you. He looks like such a kind man, not to mention handsome! I see a strong resemblance!